We are a group of crafters who have pledged to complete as many of our UnFinished Objects as possible this year...

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Dear ‘Get It Done’ members - Please be Gentle with me...

I am going to come clean with you...
I feel we all must have an affinity if we’ve willing joined this group... so I’m taking a deep breath and I’m going to spit it out!

I am...
I am a...
I am a...a...a...
I AM A.... Recovering UFO denier...

For the past 16 years I have denied the fact that a growing pile of UFO’s was accumulating in my sewing room, it wasn’t obvious at first because they were scattered on the bench top, in this drawer, that shelf, hidden in a plastic bag and even under the sewing table.

When approached by a so called friend, who shall remain nameless... Just kidding her name is Michelle!! I hid behind my mask and called them WIP’s, I shouted from the rooftops that ‘Blocks’ couldn’t be called either UFO’s or WIP’s and they should be known by their proper name of ‘Blocks’! I argued that nobody knew if they were meant for a quilt or a potholder or a wall hanging so technically they couldn’t possibly be called UFO’s when finishing wasn’t even on the makers mind!

I said that joining in Swaps for Blocks or Signatures was just that... and I hadn’t finished joining or collecting just yet!

But Dear Readers... On the 14th of September 2008 I did what I never thought I would do and... And... And... Well you can see the results for yourself in my pile of UFO’s!!

Soooo my New Years Resolution is... To finish at least one project before I start a new one and I’m counting on you lot to help me through this ordeal!!

Which one will I choose to finish first I wonder... Mmmmmm

Thank you for listening, cheers Pennie

1 comment:

Birdydownunder said...

umm seems like your ufo's are more advanced than mine. Or could you still be hiding some.