We are a group of crafters who have pledged to complete as many of our UnFinished Objects as possible this year...

Monday, May 18, 2009

#1 of 4 - Finished!

This FINISHED Tablerunner is the SCQuilters Mystery Quilt #4 - which I started on Saturday 3rd of November 2001. How precise is that!! No I didn't get that from my files (i.e. my head) I looked it up in the SCQ Mystery Quilt Group Files.
It's only small and when I dug it out I wondered why it had been hanging around for so long... now that it's finished and on the dining table I know.... I DO NOT like it!!!!!!!!! It's chunky, blocky and boring... it had 3D triangles which would have been perfect for catching things so I machine quilted them down. I liked the fabrics 8 years ago but... nah... it will have to go back in the box.

4 comments:

Birdydownunder said...

it looks good congratulations Pennie.
I know what you mean by likeing things 8 years ago. I have a few boxes of things I liked 20 plus years ago. Learning a bit late I guess lol.

Narelle said...

I think it's lovely ... and it's a finish.

Anonymous said...

I too think it is lovely. At least you have finished it, unlike me, oppps a daisy... havent touched mine in months....xxx

molly said...

Well, it's finished, isn't it? So you shouldn't put it back in the box! Next time you need a quick hostess gift it's ready and waiting....