Despite spending most of my time painting recently I did manage to finish another UFO.
This is another supper cloth that I started, er, um way back when....lol.
I had completed three of the four butterflies in the centre and that was as far as it had progressed. I finally got stuck into it and completed all the embroidery a couple of weeks ago and then did the wing needle edges and hemmed it this week.
I am a happy camper because I was thinking that nothing was going to get completed this quarter.
The corners are a sort of cut down version of the centre although they are quite large. I would normally put lace around the edge but I felt the cutwork was so heavy and so pretty it could stand alone.
The centre is a really pretty cutwork design and I was very pleased with the way it stitched out.
I have realised that my grandchild is due August/September so I think my next project is going to be finishing the Christening Gown I started last year. I have completed all the embroidery on the eight panels, sleeves, bodice and back so now I have to cut it all out then stitch it together.
I am not looking forward to it - it is going to be a very big learning curve for me because I am not a clothing sewer, and this is full of entredeaux lace and insert lace and ....oh my!
PS - the cloth has got a new home to go to - B11 forgot it is Mother's Day and started panicking about what he could buy his Mum. I offered the cloth and he jumped at it ..... rotfl..... just hope she likes it.