We are a group of crafters who have pledged to complete as many of our UnFinished Objects as possible this year...

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Can't Help Myself - Here's #2

This is why I have UFO's. I get bored quick and move onto another project.

While deciding that this is the layout I will go with for the Log Cabin Quilt ...
(Thankyou for your comments. I was swaying between two so it's nice to have another opinion.)



I started cutting strips out for the next quilt, a T-block Lap Quilt.

At the time, I purchased twice as much fabric for the log cabin as I needed, so I found a pattern over Christmas that I could put the extra fabric to good use.

Here is 64 bundles of 4 strips waiting for the sewing to begin. I turned these into ....


these. After the first 10 or so, I decided to sew a second row of stitching, half inch from the first. That way when I cut away the corner, I'll have little 1 3/4" squares for ... something else.


After sewing and pressing I now have 64 of these ready for the next step.

I hope to be back later today more progress pics. The Log Cabin Quilt is not forgotten. I've been brushing up on how to now join the blocks with no strips inbetween.
Happy Sewing

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhh. That looks very complicated for little me. And just how much space does it all take up?

Lindi said...

New projects always have that air of anticipation and excitement, for me! I think that's why I move from half done to new. I look forward to seeing what you are going to do with this lot.