We are a group of crafters who have pledged to complete as many of our UnFinished Objects as possible this year...

Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Taxi quilt..... pattern by Heidi Pridemore


Since you all were betting.... I brought home a few bits of fabric the very first day of work...probably 1/3 of my wages for week..... but it really will finish up a block of the month...that I am doing this year....so not too terrible. I am including the Alabama version of the TAXI quilt ...available as a free pattern ...by Heidi Pridemore...the link is at http://www.ttfabrics.com/images/patterns/Taxi.pdf My friend chose to do it in crimson black and white. and using Alabama fabrics randomly. I adore that color combo...but any color plus black and white would be fun. I have thought about turquoise. So here is the photo of her quilt .... and I am happy to say I have begun to applique on my UFO ...very wonky 9 patch. I am continuing to hand quilt on my When oh WHEN.... as in WHEN oh when will it EVER be finished????? quilt. Hope to finish a customer quilt by tomorrow evening....then add borders to a UFO...on Sunday. Maybe get it quilted too. It is a simple quilt for a brother of mine. Now if I can resist the Fabric Temptation just a bit better next week. I have completed part 1 and have just cut all of part 2 for the DD online Quiltville Mystery Quilt. I am doing a 1/2 size version...as in half of the blocks in total. Maybe will sew on that a wee bit as well. Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Suzy said...

ROTFL - you didn't even last a day!!!!

Love it!

Lindi said...

Excuses! rofl!!!

Beertje Zonn said...

I see beautiful quilts on your blog!
Kind regards,

Sonnja & Bear Zonn