We are a group of crafters who have pledged to complete as many of our UnFinished Objects as possible this year...

Monday, January 5, 2009

Project Numero Uno

UFO sightings are commonplace around here. They threaten to descend in a smothering mass from the top shelf of the spare room closet every time I dare to open it; they lie about in various stages of completion in every corner of my sewing room. But they have become saucy and impertinent and I'm not going to take it any more! With thanks in advance to Lindi, I intend to show them who's boss this year. I'm running this show, not them!

Picking the first to tackle was a no-brainer! I had started a purse for my sister-in-law for Christmas. Then my m-i-l got sick, went to the hospital etc. etc. etc.

So much for finishing the purse, or pretty much anything else!

But, all was not lost! Sister-in-law, who had originally planned to visit for Christmas, delayed her trip. She arrived yesterday. After picking her up from the airport and depositing her at HQ, where she was greeted as though she were the messiah, I scurried home and into my sewing room, and frantically started sewing!



This is where I left off before Christmas.




This is where I am today.


By tomorrow it should be finished! And we're still in the first week of the year! But I shouldn't congratulate myself yet! My powers of procrastination are legendary. As you can see, here I am, blogging about my project, instead of getting it done!

To work!

I'll be back soon and FINISHED!

2 comments:

Lindi said...

You might just be the first one to finish a UFO!
I like the look of that bag. Do tell us what pattern you are using!

Birdydownunder said...

wow I am impressed Molly.
Hope you get loads of sewing done on your leave from HQ.