We are a group of crafters who have pledged to complete as many of our UnFinished Objects as possible this year...

Friday, January 30, 2009

Well Sebastian Rose has finally come out of the packet, (ufo number 2)and this is him after 3 days. I have decided that he will be a present for my aunt, Sheila. As she knows about him, I can post a picture.
This was a pre-made kit that I brought last year, opened it and put it all together. Though for many months it was just a blank fabric in an embroidery hoop. I have to say that I was very disappointed with this kit, which cost me a lot of money - the fabric was not cut properly and had frayed a lot, and the silks were not what they said they were. So I have replaced the silks for a better quality. And to top it all, the needle which came with it, had been stuck into the fabric and left a rusty mark. I was not amused. I shall not be buying pre-made kits again. I shall make up my own and just buy the charts.



Hmmm Fairy Grandmother is on hold. I have spent 2 weeks on her now, and am getting very fed up with the constant change of color on these wings. So I am desperately in need of a quick kick up the rear end from you ladies.

4 comments:

molly said...

ebastian Rose looks like a very handsome fellow!

Lindi said...

Sebastian Rose looks cool, but come on! Get stuck into Fairy Queen. Her wings are looking beautiful. She will be sooo worth it once you get past that point!

Birdydownunder said...

oh now I feel so guilty. But Sebastian is looking hauty.
And I know I am tempting you with quilting things, but you must do a bit of Fairy Grandmother every day.
Only a few stitches a day, soon adds up.

Marilyn said...

I admire ANYONE who does cross stitch. It's not in me. You are doing a fantastic job and it will be gorgeous when you get all done!