We are a group of crafters who have pledged to complete as many of our UnFinished Objects as possible this year...

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

T-Block Quilt On a Roll!

I can't believe how quickly this quilt is coming together. I've sewn the strips together to make 64 x 6 1/2" squares.


Then the squares are joined in sets of 4 to make 16 x 12 1/2" blocks.



The finished block size is 12" so at this stage my quilt will be 48" square.


This will be the layout, however I'll do some playing around with colour combinations for a bit before I start to join anything.
I'm also thinking whether or not I should have a thin sashing between each block and/or a border?
I found the pattern while browsing some old magazines over Christmas. It's called 'Sunshine and Moonbeams' by Adriana Gismondi featured in AP&Q Vol 4, No 2. Adriana used sun, moon, stars themed fabric, hence the name.
As soon as I opened the page I knew that I had to make it. Better keep at it now.
Happy Sewing

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is going to look very beautiful, and the pattern is absolutely gorgeous. xxx

Jackie said...

This looks like a nice easy block with a great finished result. Like your colour choices.